Parameters affecting cutting quality include cutting height, cutting nozzle type, focusing position, cutting power, cutting frequency, cutting duty cycle, cutting air pressure and cutting speed.
Hardware conditions include: protective lens, gas purity, plate quality, focusing mirror and collimating mirror, etc.
When the fiber laser cutting quality is poor, it is recommended to conduct a general inspection first. The main contents and sequence of general inspection are:
1. It is recommended to adjust the cutting height between 0.8~1.2mm. If the actual cutting height is not accurate, calibration is required.
2. Check whether the type and size of cutting copper nozzle are used incorrectly. If it is used correctly, check whether the copper nozzle is damaged.
3. For optical center detection, it is recommended to use a cutting copper nozzle with a diameter of 1.0. The focus of optical center detection shall be between – 1 and 1. At this time, the light spot is small and easy to observe.
4. Protective lenses Check whether the protective lenses are clean, free of water, oil and slag. Sometimes, due to weather and climate, the air is too cold, which causes the goggles to fog.
5. Focus Check whether the focus setting is correct. If the cutting head focuses automatically, be sure to use APP to check whether the focus is correct.
After the above five items are checked, modify the parameters according to the cutting phenomenon of the optical fiber laser cutting machine.
For example, there are many types of stainless steel slag hanging. If there is only slag on the corner, the roundness of the corner can be considered. The parameters can reduce the focus and increase the air pressure. If the whole slag is hung, it is necessary to reduce the focus and increase the air pressure, but too low the focus or air pressure will lead to sectional delamination and surface roughness. If granular soft slag is hung on the whole, the cutting speed can be appropriately increased or the cutting power can be reduced. When the optical fiber laser cutter is cutting stainless steel, it may also encounter the phenomenon of slag hanging on the near side of the cutting end. You can check whether the gas supply is insufficient and the gas flow cannot keep up.When cutting carbon steel with optical fiber laser cutting machine, problems such as the section of thin plate is not bright enough, and the section of thick plate is rough are generally encountered. Generally speaking, the brightness of 1000W laser cutting carbon steel shall not exceed 4mm, that of 2000W is 6mm, and that of 3000W is 8mm. The part to be cut must be bright. First of all, a good plate surface must be free of rust, oxidized paint, and skin. The oxygen purity is at least 99.5%. In cutting, attention should be paid to: use a small cutting nozzle to double layer 1.0 or 1.2. The cutting speed should exceed 2m/min, and the cutting pressure should not be too high.
If the quality of the thick plate cut by the optical fiber laser cutter is good, first ensure that the plate and gas purity are closely followed by the selection of the cutting port. The larger the aperture, the better the section quality, but at the same time, the greater the section taper.